Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 12 minutes | Serves: 4
Take BBQ sausages to the next level by serving them with mouth-watering capsicum and tomato salsa. This recipe is brought to you by Beef and Lamb.
- 12 beef sausages
- Roasted red capsicum, chopped
- 2 roasted green capsicum, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped capers
- 2 tsp red or white wine vinegar
- Preheat the barbeque char-grill or flat-plate to moderate before adding the sausages. Cut the links between the sausages (do not pierce them).
- Once the barbeque is hot, add the sausages. Use tongs to turn the sausages regularly to ensure that they cook evenly and don’t burn. Sausages must always be cooked right through to the centre.
- While sausages are cooking combine the capsicums, tomatoes, capers and vinegar. Serve the sausages with the salsa.
- Contrary to popular belief, don’t pierce the sausages before or during cooking – this releases moisture and flavour. Instead, cook them slowly on a moderate heat – this will prevent the skins from bursting.