Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 75 minutes | Serves: 6
This impressive & mouth-wateringly delicious beef sirloin roast is perfect for entertaining guests during the holiday period. We recommend that you serve with some crispy roast potatoes and a simple side salad. Send us some pics of how your recipe turns out on our Facebook page!
- 1½ kg sirloin/porterhouse
- 2 whole garlic bulbs, halved
- 2 tbsp mixed dried peppercorns, roughly crushed
- 1 tbsp salt flakes
- roasted carrots and parsnips to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Brush beef roast and garlic bulbs lightly with oil. Combine the crushed peppercorns and salt, then rub it over the beef.
- Place the beef on a rack in a roasting dish and add the garlic bulbs. Add a little water to the roasting dish (about ½ cup). Roast for 60 minutes for rare, 75 minutes for medium and 90 minutes for well done. For ease and accuracy use a meat thermometer.
- Remove the beef roast, cover loosely with foil and rest it for 20 minutes before carving.
- Squeeze the garlic out of its skin. Serve the beef roast with garlic, roasted carrots and parsnips.
- Judging your roast’s degree of doneness using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the meat should be: Rare – 55-60ºC, Medium – 65-70ºC, Well done – 75ºC. Take roasts out of the oven just short of the desired temperature, as they will continue to cook as they rest.
This recipe is brought to you by Beef and Lamb.