Preparation: 20 minutes | Cooking: 12 minutes | Serves: 4
These tasty beef skewers are brought to you by Beef and Lamb, which is home to great information on everything you have ever wanted to know about beef and lamb, including recipes, nutritional information, facts and more.
- 4 beef sirloin steaks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges (can be alternated with red or green capsicum)
- A little lemon juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, chopped
- a pinch each of sugar, salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Cut each sirloin steak into cubes, thread onto metal skewers with red onion wedges. Brush each skewer lightly with oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the chargrill pan to hot before adding the meat.
- Let the beef skewers cook on one side until moisture appears before you turn. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and cover loosely with foil, rest skewers for 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve beef skewers with the warm tomato vinaigrette.To make the tomato vinaigrette: heat the oil in a small pan, add the tomatoes, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper and parsley. Cook over a high heat for one minute to just soften the tomatoes. Stir in red wine vinegar.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with a green salad.
- The char-grill pan needs to be heated until it is hot before adding the beef skewers. It should be hot enough so that the skewers sizzle when they touch the pan.
- Best beef cuts for char-grilling: fillet/tenderloin, rib eye/scotch fillet, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, T-bone, rump, round and blade, oyster blade, silverside and topside steaks.