As part of our strategic recruitment practices, our focus is to place the right person in the right role at the right time – regardless of age, gender, disability, religious beliefs or background.
To achieve our diversity and inclusion objectives, we focus on:
- Building diverse teams and programs
- Understanding and respecting other people, cultures and beliefs
- Attracting and retaining a diverse range of candidates
- Participation in community initiatives that support diverse communities
- Attraction and retention of diverse people in our business
- Actively participate in Social Accountability reviews and reporting
- Providing reasonable adjustment to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
During the last few years, Teys Australia has focused on promoting gender equity processes that include:
- The Women in Leadership development program
- Reviewed recruitment and career programming to engage with more women in food processing
- Pay equity and gender metrics reviews
Mature Age Diversity
Mature age people are a rich, vibrant source of experience, knowledge and skills. Age is not a factor when we recruit. We want to attract and retain mature age people and we offer a work environment where they can share their experiences and continue to learn.
Accessibility for people with a disability
Teys Australia has partnered with the NDRC for support in becoming a more inclusive employer. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process.
The NDRC will help us to raise awareness in our workplace about disability. It will help us implement good practice policies and procedures while providing us with the tools and resources to sustain our commitment over time.
The importance of diversity
It is important to us to provide a safe, inclusive and accessible environment where everyone can realise their full potential throughout the various stages of their careers. This is achieved by recognising “diversity of thought” and valuing differences among our people.
Teys Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce that is representative of our employees, customers and communities; where individual differences are valued, respected and understood.
Read our Teys Career Brochure for further information.