Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
If you are hunting for the perfect summer meal, this recipe from Beef and Lamb is it! Super healthy, tasty and very appealing on the plate, this recipe makes the perfect mid-week dinner to share with family or friends.
- 600 g sirloin steak, fat trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 350g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3 mm slices
- 4 zucchinis, sliced lengthways into 5 mm slices
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, plus grated zest of a lemon
- 150 g rocket leaves
- 30 g parmesan cheese, shaved
- 20 g toasted pine nuts
- Preheat a chargrill barbecue to hot. Brush the beef on both sides with 2 tsp olive oil and cook for 4 minutes, turning once, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest and cover loosely with foil.
- Place the sweet potato, zucchini and onion into a large bowl and toss with 3 tsp olive oil. Place on the grill and cook for 11/2 minutes on each side, or until tender and lightly charred.
- Slice the beef thinly and place into a large mixing bowl with the grilled vegetables, lemon juice, zest and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Place the rocket onto a large serving platter, top with the tossed beef and grilled vegetables, parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Serve and enjoy!