This aromatic pappardelle recipe is by Beef and Lamb. It’s an easy, one-pot-wonder, and all round crowd-pleaser. Treat yourself to this mediterranean stew, and top it off with parmesan cheese, and cracked pepper.
- 800 g lamb forequarter chops
- 400 g fresh Pappardelle
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 4 tbsp basil, chopped
- 100 g Kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 50 g small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tsp smokey paprika
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 700 ml beef stock
- 100 g Parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Season the chops with salt and pepper and brown both sides in a hot casserole dish with olive oil. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same dish, add the onion, carrot and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the browned lamb, olives, paprika, sugar, mushrooms, tomato and stock. Check seasoning, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours.
- Cook the Pappardelle as per packet instructions. Serve with the stew and fresh basil.
- For even tender lamb, the stew can sit in a slow-cooker overnight
- Serve with buttered Ciabatta or Sourdough