Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
This healthy and flavoursome recipe is perfect for warmer nights. The porterhouse steaks are juicy and tender and the accompanying salad is delicate and refreshing. Thanks to Beef and Lamb for this recipe.
- 4 porterhouse steaks with fat trimmed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200 g green beans, trimmed
- 200 g punnet grape tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 4 eggs
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed and spun dry
- 1 tbsp each red and white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- Place steaks on a plate. Combine basting sauce ingredients with 1 tbsp olive oil and brush onto both sides of the steak.
- Preheat a BBQ to hot and cook steak for 3 minutes each side. Rest for 5 minutes and slice.
- Place green beans in a medium bowl and pour over boiling water, allow to sit for 3-4 minutes until cooked but still a little crisp, then drain and refresh in iced water.
- Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and then lower heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes. Drain and cover with cold water. Peel and cut into quarters.
- Combine vinaigrette. Assemble salad ingredients. Top with beef and eggs. Pour over vinaigrette.
- Vinaigrette, salad and eggs can be prepared ahead of time
- You can leave the anchovies out of the basting sauce if you prefer
- Steak alternatives – scotch fillet or rump steak