Preparation: 5 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
This delicious steak sandwich has all the bells and whistles necessary for a delicious bite – namely cheese, good-quality bread and beetroot relish, which take any sandwich from good to great. Thanks to Australian Beef for this tasty recipe!
- 500g rump steak
- 1 large red onion, cut in half and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup beetroot relish
- Ciabatta loaf, sliced through the middle and quartered
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 4 slices of tasty cheese
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat a BBQ flat-plate or chargrill pan to hot. Brush steaks with 1 tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side (or until your preferred doneness). Remove steaks from heat and cover loosely with foil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, decrease heat to medium and cook onion with remaining olive oil on one side of the barbecue flat-plate. Stir for 5 to 6 minutes or until softened and lightly golden. Toast ciabatta on the other side of the barbecue until toasted.
- Trim cooked steaks of any excess fat and slice steaks thinly against the grain.
- Spread relish across the bread bases and top with rocket, tomato, cheese, sliced steak, onions and bread tops.
- Serve with your favourite side salad & enjoy!