This recipe is rich, comforting and overall… absolutely delicious. The interesting mix of sweet, smoky and spicy flavours – paired with the juicy, fork tender ribs – are a winner. This recipe is brought to you by the Good Chef Bad Chef website, where you can find tips and recipes from the stars of the Channel 10 TV show (which will soon be returning for another season).
- 5 x Beef short ribs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- ½ bunch Coriander
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tbsp worcestershire
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 can coke
- Rub salt on ribs and brown in pot.
- Add oil, and saute garlic and onion.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and cover with lid.
- Cook for 2.5 hours and check and stir occasionally.
- Wrap medium to large size potatoes in foil and place in the oven or on the bbq with the lid on for 30-40 minutes, until cooked.
- When beef is tender and cooked serve with baked potatoes.
Enjoy! Thanks again to Good Chef Bad Chef for this fantastic recipe.