These delicious sides will taste great with any cut of beef, but we reckon they taste especially delicious when paired with a juicy T-Bone steak (don’t most things taste better when paired with a juicy T-Bone?). Enjoy!
Roasted Broccoli with Lemon
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut broccoli florets into even pieces and place into bowl.
- Toss with enough olive oil to coat the broccoli.
- Season with chili flakes, salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Put broccoli on a baking sheet or aluminium foil in the oven and roast at 220º C for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss with lemon juice, serve.
Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- 1.5kgs red potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- Arrange the potatoes on a foil-lined baking dish.
- Mix olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the potatoes for about 30 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Garnish the potatoes will parsley and serve.
Mac & Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, uncooked
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring a large bowl of salted water to a boil. Add the elbow macaroni and cook according to the package’s instructions.
- Rinse and drain the pasta. Return pasta to the pot and place on low heat. Combine the remaining ingredients and stir until the cheese and butter have melted.
- If you want a golden crunchy top, place macaroni in a baking dish, sprinkle with extra cheese and crisp under the grill until the cheese is golden.
Whipped Cauliflower with Crème Fraîche
- 1 head cauliflower, stem removed and head chopped into florets
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine cauliflower florets, chicken stock and garlic cloves in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with a microwave-safe lid or plate and microwave on high until the cauliflower is very tender (about 10 to 12 minutes). Don’t have a microwave? Alternatively, you can place the cauliflower florets and garlic in a steamer basket over boiling chicken stock, cover and steam until very tender (about 15 minutes).
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower and garlic cloves to the bowl of a blender or food processor.
- Add the Parmesan, salt, and black pepper to the cauliflower and blend on high until the mixture is velvety and smooth (about 1 minute).
- Fold in the crème fraîche and season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.