Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
With Australia Day coming up, we thought we should share one of our favourite Australia Day recipes – this Aussie Burger from myfoodbook. With delicious homemade patties, avocado, beetroot, pineapple, cheese, relish and salad this burger is seriously delicious!
- 500g beef mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato chutney, plus extra, to serve
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- 5 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cheddar cheese slices
- 4 (100g) rashers bacon
- 4 seeded burger buns, halved and toasted
- 1 avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 8 slices canned beetroot
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 200g pineapple, peeled and thinly sliced
- Put mince, onion, tomato chutney, breadcrumbs and one egg in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into patties.
- Heat a large, lightly-oiled non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 3 minutes. Turn and top with a slice of cheese. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted and patties are cooked. Set aside and keep warm. Wipe out the pan.
- Cook bacon until golden and crisp (approx 2 minutes each side). Remove from pan. Crack the remaining 4 eggs into the pan and cook for 3 minutes, sunny side up.
- Spread the base of each bun with avocado. Top with lettuce, beetroot, tomato, pineapple, burger patty, bacon and a fried egg. Serve with the extra tomato chutney, and enjoy!