Preparation: 5 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
This BBQ steak salad recipe is healthy, vibrant, hearty (thanks to the steak!) and absolutely perfect for lunch or dinner. We sourced this recipe from Australian Beef, where you can find all sorts of great information about Aussie beef and lamb.
- 500g beef rump steak, fat trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- 400g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 250g ready to eat baby beetroots, cut into wedges (available in the vegetable section of the supermarket)
- 120 g packet baby spinach and beetroot leaves
- 80g goat cheese
- Olive oil, balsamic vinegar and chopped chives, to serve
- Pre-heat a lightly-oiled BBQ or char-grill pan over med-high heat. Season the steak and cook for 6 – 7 minutes (or until done to your liking). Put aside on a plate and cover with foil.
- Meanwhile, combine the chickpeas, beetroots and baby spinach on a large platter. Season to taste.
- Slice steak and put on top of the salad, then crumble over goat cheese.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with chives and dig in!