Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
This recipe is healthy, vibrant and perfect for a summer’s lunch or dinner. The recipe is also very adaptable – you can substitute the rump for sirloin, flank or flat iron, and you can replace the ‘super grains’ with quinoa, rice or couscous.
- 600g rump steaks, fat trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 4 x 125g microwave super grains cups
- ½ bunch kale, stalks removed, finely shredded
- 1 large avocado, quartered
- 175g green beans, thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon +extra wedges, to serve
- Toasted pepitas, fresh chives, finely chopped, to serve
- Brush steaks with half the oil, sprinkle with coriander and season. Heat a char-grill pan or BBQ over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Put steak on a plate, loosely cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice steaks against the grain.
- Meanwhile, prepare super grains, quinoa or couscous according to packet instructions. Place in large bowl then add kale, avocado, beans, lemon zest and juice and oil. Season and toss well to coat.
- Top salad with steak and sprinkle with pepitas and chives. Serve with lemon wedges.
Enjoy! This great recipe is brought to you via Australian Beef, where you can find heaps of recipes, tips, how-tos and more.