Preparation: 5 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
This recipe is healthy and delicious. The mix of shiitake and oyster mushrooms taste fantastic with the tender beef, sweet soy sauce, fresh asparagus and crisp almonds. Thanks to Beef and Lamb for another great recipe.
- 500 g beef rump
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 250 g snow peas
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut into 3cm lengths
- 100 g oyster mushrooms
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp blanched almonds (whole or flaked), roasted
- Cut the beef across the grain into thin strips. Rub the brown sugar into the beef strips, then add a little of the oil to the beef. Mix well.
- Heat the wok, ensure it is hot. Stir-fry the beef strips in 3 batches, reserving each cooked batch to rest in a warm bowl. Reheat wok between each batch.
- Reheat the wok, add remaining oil and heat. Add the snow peas and asparagus, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the combined oyster and soy sauces, stir-fry to mix.
- Return the beef to the wok, toss to combine. Transfer to serving plate, sprinkle with almonds.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with rice.
- Cook meat in small batches, at a maximum of 250g at a time.
- When you add the meat to the wok, work from the outer side of the wok into the centre where it will be hottest.
- Best beef cuts for stir-frying: Beef stir fry strips, rib eye, scotch fillet, tenderloin, sirloin, porterhouse, New York, rump, boneless blade, round, oyster blade or topside steaks.