Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
This salad is healthy, fresh, crunchy and flavoursome – the combination of noodles, juicy pan-seared beef and crisp vegetables make this a real winner in terms of texture and taste.
- 600 g beef strips
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into fine strips (approx 5cm long)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, deseeded and cut into fine strips (approx 5cm long)
- 125 g snow peas, topped and cut into fine strips
- 225 g pkt crispy noodles
- juice of two limes
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups loosely packed coriander leaves
- Coat the beef strips with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Preheat a nonstick pan to moderately hot. Keep the heat at moderately-high.
- Cook the beef in 3 batches. Cook the first side until the first sign of moisture appears on the uncooked side, turn and cook other side of the beef strips. Remove the last batch from the pan and allow the beef to cool slightly.
- Combine the strips of carrot, cucumber and snow peas with the noodles. Add the combined lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and oil. Add the warm beef strips to the vegetables and noodles, add the coriander leaves and toss to combine.
- When buying the crispy noodles, make sure you use ones that say ready to eat on the pack, as some packet noodles need to be cooked first. The crispy noodles give this salad a wonderful crunchy texture.
- When cooking beef strips cook the first side until the first sign of moisture appears on the uncooked side, then turn and cook the other side to complete the cooking. This way the beef will brown well.
- Use beef stir-fry strips for this recipe or prepare your own from rib eye/scotch fillet/tenderloin, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, rump, boneless blade, round, oyster blade or topside steaks.
This great recipe is from Beef & Lamb, where you can find all the information you’ve ever needed about Aussie beef and lamb!