Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 20 minutes | Serves: 4
This sausage pasta recipe is super easy and perfect for busy weeknights. For optimal flavour, we recommend that you use flavoured beef sausages (like herb and garlic or tomato and onion sausages). Thanks to Beef and Lamb for another great recipe!
- 6 beef sausages (plain or flavoured)
- 500 g tortigliono or spiral pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Barbecue, grill or pan-fry sausages. Put a large pot of water on to boil. Heat oil in a frypan, add onion, and cook until soft and golden.
- Put pasta in boiling water to cook. Add the tomatoes and sugar to frypan. Cook until tomatoes are just softened. Remove frypan from heat. Slice cooked sausages. Remove about half a cup of cooking water from the pasta pot, set it aside.
- Drain the pasta. Return pasta to pot, add sliced sausages, tomato mixture and a little of the reserved cooking water. Add basil leaves and toss to mix.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve!
- Contrary to popular belief, you should not prick sausages before cooking. This releases their moisture and flavour. To prevent sausage skin from bursting, cook them slowly over a moderate heat.
Enjoy! Looking for the right sausages to add to your recipe? Check out our brand new range of smoked Bratwurst.