Hunting for quick midweek meal recipes that the whole family will enjoy? This beef stir fry (brought to you by Beef and Lamb) is yummy, healthy and full of great texture. We recommend you add the crunchy noodles at the last minute so they don’t go soggy!
- 500 g beef rump
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 packet of 2 minute noodles
- 250 g snow peas
- 1 medium carrot, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut the beef (across the grain) into thin strips. Rub the brown sugar into the beef strips, then add a little of the oil to the beef and mix well. Lightly crush half of one of the blocks of two-minute noodles with your hand. Set noodles aside.
- Heat the wok until it’s hot. Stir-fry the beef in 3 batches, leaving each cooked batch to rest in a warm bowl. Reheat wok between each batch.
- Reheat the wok, add remaining oil and heat. Add the snow peas and carrot and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the combined oyster and soy sauces, mix.
- Return the beef to the wok, toss to combine. Stir through the crushed noodles and serve with rice.
- When stir-frying meat wait at least 30 seconds before tossing or stirring so that meat has a chance to sear.
- Best beef cuts for stir-frying: rib eye/scotch fillet/tenderloin, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, rump, boneless blade, round, oyster blade or topside steaks. You can also purchase ready-made ‘stir fry strips’.