The Red Meat Advisory Council (RMAC) is excited to announce 5 new members of the ‘Sustainability Steering Group (SSG)’, which is intended to drive implementation of the Australian Beef Sustainability Framework.
The new SSG members are:
- Carl Duncan: Group Manager Resource Efficiency at Teys Australia
- Melinee Leather: Central Queensland beef producer and previous Chair of the Cattle Council of Australia Animal Health & Welfare & Biosecurity Committee
- Stephen Moore: General Manager Corporate and Commercial at North Australian Pastoral Company
- Trevor Moore: Group Systems and Compliance Manager at the Northern Co-operative Meat Company
- Jenny O’Sullivan: Victorian beef producer, agritourism operator and Chair of the South East Victoria and Tasmania Regional Committee of the Southern Australia Meat Research Council (SAMRC)
According to the Independent Chair of RMAC, Don Mackay, these new members are bringing a range of skills and experience to the SSG, and represent different sectors and regions of the beef industry. The EOI process was very competitive – over 40 high-calibre applications were received – and we are very pleased to have been selected amongst such great company.
Along with other SSG members, we will be responsible for progressing the Framework – this will include addressing data gaps, refining sustainability indicators, delivering the next Framework Annual Update in May 2019 and providing advice to RMAC on sustainability matters.