Just when you thought our range of ready-cooked beef and lamb couldn’t get any better, we go the extra mile and add our new Hot Roast Pork!
Our hot roast pork is cooked and ready to be served on your dinner table – it is tender, flavoursome, and perfect for satisfying those mid-week roast cravings. Got leftovers? Why not use them to make the recipe below!
Our ready-cooked meats will save you hours – and at just $13, they will save you money too. What are you waiting for? Try our new Hot Roast Pork at your local Woolies today!
Need some recipe inspiration? Why not try:
Hot Roast Pork Sandwiches with Garlic Mayo
This fantastic recipe is adapted from a Martha Stewart classic. It is a perfect choice for your roast pork leftovers.
Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 55 minutes | Serves: 4
- 1 head garlic
- Olive oil (extra-virgin)
- 1 red onion, halved lengthwise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup real/whole egg mayonnaise
- 4 submarine rolls (10 to 12 inches long), sliced horizontally
- 20 to 24 thin slices of Cedric Walter Hot Roast Pork
- Roasted fennel, chiles, and pitted olives
- 16 thin slices provolone or fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Cut off and discard top 1/2 inch of garlic head. Season garlic with salt, drizzle with oil, and wrap snugly in foil. Roast until tender when squeezed, usually 50 to 55 minutes. Meanwhile, toss onion with just enough oil to coat, then roast on a rimmed baking sheet 40 to 45 minutes.
- When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze from skin and lightly mash with a fork. Stir in mustard and mayonnaise.
- Spread garlic mayonnaise on bottom halves of rolls; top with pork. Top remaining halves with vegetables, then cheese.
Broil/grill open-faced until cheese is melted and bubbling (about 2 minutes). Close the sandwiches and serve!