Preparation: 25 minutes | Cooking: 1 hour | Serves: 6
Having friends, family or kids around this Halloween? These carved & stuffed capsicums are quick and easy to make, and they are sure to receive admiration from guests!
- 6 capsicums, a range of colours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 slices wholemeal bread, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 175ºC. Grease a 20×20 cm baking dish.
- Get a bowl and lightly mix together the ground beef, egg, bread cubes, onion, tomato, garlic, chilli sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Wash the capsicums and cut jack-o’-lantern faces into them with a sharp paring knife, making triangle eyes and noses, and pointy-teeth smiles. Slice off the tops of the capsicums, and scoop out the seeds and cores. Stuff them lightly with the beef stuffing, and place them into the prepared baking dish so they lean against each other.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the capsicums are tender and the stuffing is cooked through and juicy (about 1 hour).