Preparation: 3 minutes | Cooking: 12 minutes | Serves: 4
This recipe is hearty, comforting and tasty. The combination of beef mince curry with sides of cucumber, pappadams and mango chutney is so fresh and satisfying! Thanks to Australian Beef for this fantastic recipe.
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1/3 cup korma curry paste
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 75g bag plain mini pappadums
- Mango chutney
- Mint leaves
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add mince and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon, until browned.
- Stir in curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Pour in tomatoes, coconut milk and ½ cup water and stir until well combined. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cut cucumber into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
- Serve curry with cucumber, pappadams, mango chutney and mint leaves.