Preparation: 20 minutes | Cooking: 21 minutes | Serves: 4
These meatballs in tomato sauce are rich, hearty and delicious. Serve this dish with pasta, mashed potato, rice or couscous and you’ll have a delicious meal. Thanks to Australian Beef for this recipe!
- 500g beef mince (makes 20)
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- pinch saffron threads
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Mix the beef, breadcrumbs, milk, garlic, onion and smoked paprika with salt and pepper and roll into 20 balls. Put on a tray in a single layer and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Put the oil into a wide frying pan over moderately high heat. Fry the meatballs for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the wine and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, saffron and sugar, then adjust the heat to a simmer and put the lid on for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put in a serving dish, top with the chopped parsley, serve and enjoy!