- Image credit: beefandlamb.com.au
Preparation: 5 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
Thanks to Beef & Lamb for this tasty, healthy and refreshing recipe! Beef & Lamb is an MLA initiative that has all the information you could ever need about beef and lamb, including recipes, how-to guides, nutritional information and more.
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300 g packet fresh superfood or shredded stir fry mix
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce plus extra, to drizzle
- 450 g family size microwave brown rice packet
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- Mint leaves, toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook mince for 5 minutes, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon, until browned.
- Add the stir-fry mix and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender. Add kecap manis and toss to coat. Season.
- Meanwhile, prepare brown rice according to packet instructions. Set aside to cool for 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve, place lettuce cups onto a platter, top with a couple of tablespoons of brown rice and then the mince mixture. Drizzle with a little extra kecap manis (if desired) and top with mint leaves and sesame seeds.