Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes | Serves: 2
This healthy recipe is perfect for brunch (especially for those on a low carb diet). The combination of sausage, mushroom, kale and feta is delicious, and it only takes 25 minutes to get the ingredients from the fridge and onto your plate! Thanks to Australian Beef for this recipe.
- 2 good quality beef sausages – take the meat out of the skin/casing and break it up into bite-sized chunks
- 10g butter, diced
- 1 cup baby kale or coarsely torn kale
- 100g Swiss brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- ½ lemon, juice and finely grated rind
- 6 eggs
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) pouring cream
- 60g Greek feta
- Coarsely chopped spring onion and flat-leaf parsley and sourdough toast, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan, over medium-high heat. Add sausage meat and stir occasionally for about 3 minutes (or until browned), add kale and mushrooms to pan, season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until kale just wilts and mushrooms are just tender (approx 2 minutes). Transfer to a bowl, squeeze in the lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Whisk eggs, cream and lemon rind in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Wipe pan with paper towels, then place over medium-high heat and add butter and remaining oil and cook until butter foams. Add egg mixture to pan and cook – pull the mixture from sides of the pan into the centre as it cooks, and tilt the pan to let uncooked mixture run into the empty space. Cook until softly set (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat, scatter with sausage mixture and feta, then bake in the oven for a couple of minutes until warmed through.
- Serve hot, scattered with parsley and spring onion.
Enjoy! Let us know how the recipe turns out on our Facebook page.