Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 105 minutes | Serves: 4
This is one of the heartiest smoked beef recipes we’ve come across, and it’s perfect for a midweek family meal. With delicious smoked beef and rich ragu sauce, this recipe is sure to bring a sense of comfort to all diners. Thanks to Australian Beef for this great recipe!
- 1 kg smoked beef shin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup low sodium beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 100ml thickened cream
- 50g button mushrooms, quartered
- 100g tagliatelle per person
- 100g shaved parmesan cheese
- Fresh thyme
- Add butter and oil to a casserole dish and sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato puree and cook for an extra 3 minutes. Add wine, stock, water, bay leaf and beef shins. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove beef and pull the meat from the bones, shred. Return the meat, cream and mushrooms and simmer for another 45 minutes reducing to a thick sauce.
- Spoon the meat and sauce onto pasta, season then sprinkle with shaved parmesan and fresh thyme.
Enjoy! Up next, why not check out how to make corned beef.