Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
This easy, healthy recipe is great for kids and adults alike (adults may want to add chilli sauce!).
Thanks to Beef and Lamb for this great recipe.
- 500 g beef rump
- 2 tsp oil
- 450 g packet Hokkien noodles, separated
- 1 medium carrot, cut into fine strips
- 1 red capsicum, cut into fine strips
- 425 g can baby corn spears, finely sliced
- 250 g snow peas, chopped
- ⅓ cup oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup beef stock or water
- Cut the beef across the grain into thin strips. Add a little oil to the beef strips, mix well.
- Heat the wok, ensure it is hot. Stir-fry the beef strips in 2 batches, reserving each cooked batch to rest in a warm bowl. Reheat wok between each batch.
- Reheat the wok, add the oil and heat. Add the carrot and capsicum. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the corn and snow peas, stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the noodles, stir-fry until noodles are hot. Return the beef to the wok, add the combined sauces and stock, toss to warm through. Serve immediately.
- When stir-frying meat wait at least 30 seconds before tossing or stir-frying so meat has a chance to sear and become brown.
- Best beef cuts for stir-frying: beef stir-fry strips or prepare your own from rib eye/scotch fillet/tenderloin, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, rump, boneless blade, round, oyster blade or topside steaks.