Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
This simple recipe is perfect for midweek meals with the family or weekend meals with friends. Not in the mood for sundried tomatoes? You can switch them with stuffed olives, chopped basil or pimento if you want a change of pace.
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Toasted buns, lettuce, sliced cheese, tomato relish to serve
- Combine beef mince, water, garlic, cumin, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Mix lightly then shape into 4 burgers.
- Preheat the barbeque flat-plate or pan to moderately-high. Lightly brush the burgers with oil. Add burgers to the BBQ or pan, lower the heat to moderate.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes each side or until thoroughly cooked. Turn them once only.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with lettuce, cheese and tomato relish.
Thanks to Beef and Lamb for this great recipe!